Thursday, November 15, 2007

Food

I think I'd do the walk again for the amount of food I got to eat. The week before, the weekend and the week after, I didn't have much reason to care what I ate. The carb load still wafts into my dreams...

We got to the first Pit Stop about an hour or so into the walk. There was some sort of stop every 3 or so miles, which is about an hour. A Pit Stop has Port a Potties, water and gatorade, and food. Chips, pretzels, coveted string cheese, coveted grahm cracker-pb-and-j-sandwhiches, cookies, orange, apples, bananas.

Grab and Go's were just that. Grab water or gatorade and go. And "go." That was it.

Cheer Stations were the places friends, families and neighbors would come out to support us. They'd have candy and granola bars and water and treats. Target gave us bags of goodies, including granola bars and fruit chews. It was hard not to take candy from the little kids who stood there, anxious to pass out candy.

I think I cried at and after every cheer station.

One time we were even told to "come hungry" to the cheer station, by Karla's friends. The Krispey Kremes were delicious.

Then there was meal time.

Chicken, pasta, salad, dessert, fruit, cokes, waters....
Big coffee stands for breakfast--coffee, milk, soy milk, hot chocolate mix, tea...
Lunch was usually a sandwich of sorts, fruit cup, potato salad, chips, cookies...

We were never at a loss for food.
I was actually excited when I got hungry for dinner!

No comments: