Thursday, May 17, 2007

6 miles so far

I've done 6 miles this week. 3 on Tuesday, 3 today. I did the same route.

Today was much easier, but I think for several reasons. Tuesday, I hadn't worked out since Saturday morning. Today, I worked out (walking) 2 days ago. And yesterday I was on my feet a lot. And it was much cooler today. And it was a familiar (repeat) route.

Been good so far.

Tomorrow is "light crosstraining" for at least 30 minutes. Saturday and Sunday are both 3 miles.

It's been fun to have my Camelbak. I like having the water right there. And lots of it. For those who don't know, a Camelbak is a backpack that has a big water supply in it. There's a straw (basically) on it, that allows you to get water as you need it. There's also pockets for my phone; for snacks; and later on down the road, for jackets or rain gear.

When I do my longer walks, I need to be sure to go to places that have bathrooms somewhere along the way.

We're not "supposed" to train with headphones, for safety reasons. But I can't imagine the longe walks (alone), not having the company. I'm thinking of getting an MP3 of sorts that I can put books on.

No comments: