Friday, May 11, 2007

Training starts this week

May 14th. That's the day I've had in my mind for awhile now. May 14th. The day my "official" (suggested) training starts.

Part of an email I got today, courtesy of The 3 Day:

Countdown: 24 Weeks
Your Training Schedule for This Week:
Monday Rest
Tuesday 3 miles Easy walking
Wednesday Rest
Thursday 3 miles Moderate walking
Friday 30 minutes Easy crosstraining
Saturday 3 miles Easy walking
Sunday 3 miles Easy walking

Technically, Monday is a rest day. But Wednesday there will not be much time for the working out stuff, so I may have to switch that around. Three miles all this week. That'll be easy. I have a few routes in the neighborhood that are about 3 miles each.

I'm ready for it.

I think this weekend I'll look for a camelback and pretty soon I'll look for a new pair of shoes. Or two. I also got myfree order of Thorlos socks. They're supposed to be great for the walk. They're really thick and fun. I think I'll try them out and I may order more.

I think this week it will start to sink in how real all this is.

I'm ready for it.

No comments: