Sunday, July 8, 2007

Ah, the honest inocence of kids....

A few days ago, I had a "shorter" walk of 5 miles. It started getting dark (I went at night this time), so I trucked it a bit faster than normal. As I walked down one of the hills, I swung my arms pretty mightely.

I saw a young girl of about 8 and (what I assume to be her) grandmother approaching me. The girl swung her arms in a funny way, looked up at grandma, sort of pointed, then looked back at me and swung her arms some more.

It was obvious she was making fun of me. As I got closer, I took out my ear buds. As I passed, I asked, "Are you laughing at how I walk?" Without a pause, the girl said "Yeah." I kinda giggled. Grandma, trying to cover, said, "No, we're laughing at the deer." (Now, the deer really are all around the neighborhood. But really...)

Had I been wearing my quick-witted hat (which I apparently was not), I would have said "That's okay, I would have laughed at myself, too."

Just another day in the walking world.

No comments: