Monday, July 30, 2007

Walking in Singapore

I'm not going to deny that the thought of walking here has made me a bit nervous. The hows and whys and whens... I've gotten confirmation from a few sources that it is in fact okay to skip out some.

I brought my Turbo Jam DVD (disc 1 didn't work at home, but it worked here. I hope that means the bad ju-ju is gone and it will work at home now) and did one of the workouts yesterday. That made me feel a bit better.

Today I got up, feeling better about the jet lag thing. I checked the outside temp, and it felt very humid. Since I was so off yesterday, I decided not to risk walking 3 hours in such conditions.

I went down to the workout facility in the building. I had the small room to myself at first. I walked quite a bit, then walked the perimiter of the pool area. I came back in, did a bit on the stairmaster, then back on to the treadmill. There's a 20 minute time limit. Mom and Greg said there was never anyone down there. Well, of course 2 people came in...

Oh, well. I managed to walk about an hour total. I feel better that at least it's something! And I know we do a lot of walking anyway. I figure as long as I'm not totally sedentary, I'll be fine. And I think I'll be able to get back in the groove pretty easily.

Few random things that are different here:
You have to turn on the switch for the outlets. So, when I made my toasted English Muffin today, I had to flip the switch by the plug to turn it on. Glad I knew that... but it did take me a minute or two to realize the same went for the treadmill!

I didn't know my kilogram and kilometer conversions. You know you have to put in your weight on the treadmill? I had NO clue what to even guestimate on... I knew 5 kilometers was about 3 miles. So I kinda had to guess on that when it asked how far I wanted to go.

Just the little things...

No comments: